Instructions for authors
Behavioral and Brain Functions (BBF) is an open access journal that welcomes manuscripts, which provide insight into the neurobiological mechanisms underlying behavior and brain function or dysfunction.
BBF is aimed at the scientific community interested in behavioral and cognitive neuroscience in the following areas:
- Attention, learning and behavior: human studies <open position>
- Attention, learning and behavior: animal studies - Jacqueline Dimatelis, Section Editor
- Neurobiology of brain disorders <open position>
- Behavioral neurogenetics and epigenetics - Frank Middleton, Section Editor
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms <open position>
- Computational and neural network modeling - Yasser Roudi, Section Editor
The journal considers original research, reviews, hypotheses, and data modeling, giving priority to manuscripts that combine both neurobiology and behavior.
Each article type published by Behavioral and Brain Functions follows a specific format, as detailed in the corresponding instructions for authors; please choose an article type from the list on the left to view the instructions for authors.
The instructions for authors includes information about preparing a manuscript for submission to Behavioral and Brain Functions, criteria for publication and the online submission process. Other relevant information about the journal's policies, the refereeing process and so on can be found in 'About this journal'.
Behavioral and Brain Functions publishes the following article types:
We use plagiarism detection
This journal is a member of, and subscribes to the principles of, the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Authors and referees are asked to declare any competing interests.
Copyright rests with the authors. For more information on copyright of articles, see our publisher's copyright and license policy.